Thursday, November 02, 2006

Modern Samaritan?

My middle son, Nathan, entertained us at supper last night by sharing a Good Samaritan story with a modern day twist.
He felt like he was the traveler, emotionally beat and, left by the side of the road, when his sister and brother enjoyed games with the next door neighbors while he felt left out. He, being emotionally sensitive, went to a corner to hide his tears. Some moments later the girls noticed that his eyes and nose were red and commented "Nathan, you don't look good. You should go inside." (Thinking he may be coming down sick, I'm sure)
As he continued to share the story at the table his eyes welled again as he declared, "They were like the Pharisees, passing me by."
Sister looked confused as she tried to remember the events.
"Then my brother ignored me and he was like the Levite. So, I wanted to be by myself, and I went to the back yard. There I found someone who was will to take the time to bandage my wounds and take care of me..."
We waited with baited breath to see who our son's mysterious rescuer was. "It was Princess!!" He declared with a glowing smile.
Our hyper-active Jack Russell Terrier?
Wow, what a biblical (if not melodramatic) imagination.
We may have a future Billy Graham on our hands.
Here's hoping that you always have someone who is willing to Lick your wounds....blessings,deb

No comments: