Thursday, November 09, 2006

Good Gifts

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Father who is in Heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!" Mat. 7:11

Do I know how to give good gifts to my children? Is it as easy as not giving them a snake if they ask for a fish, or not giving them a stone if they ask for bread? What if they ask for the snake, or something else more malicious and dangerous like A... Gun, or a violent video game or a TV with cable in their room? Is giving "good" gifts just giving them what they want? Or is it only giving them good things if they ask for them? What if they don't ask for good things?....

Just a few things to ponder as we head into the "Gift Giving Season".
I have always relished getting everyone the "perfect" gift, one they love even if they would have never thought of it themselves. I never cared much about what they asked for from Santa. I felt the real trick is to get them to ask for what I was planning on buying them. I have been seriously reconsidering my gift giving lately, not only in the light of our "Too much Stuff" but because of the opening of The Gathering Place" I am investigating an idea I call Destiny Blessings. It is about the spiritual and emotional meaning behind what we give, not just the "hot item" on everyone's list. A Destiny Blessing is exquisitely- personal and full of deep thought-out meaning, for the hopes, dreams and prayers we have for our loved ones. How can all that be included in a simple gift? How can I help people find a way to give those kinds of gifts to the ones they love? Do people want that? I guess I'll just have to try and see. Come to our open house on Nov 18th in the Courtyard Mall(next to KK's Craft Mall) and see. We are now open Tue-Sat. 10-6. Drop by any time to see what great things God has brought me to share "Destiny Blessings" You might even find something that will bless you too.

No comments: