Friday, July 07, 2006

The lifecycle of the white gown



This evening we attended the wedding of our friends, Pastor David and Carrie Hayslip's eldest daughter, Camille. (It was exceptionally beautiful by the way)
Remembering that it was at a wedding we attended together that Richard first mentioning getting married makes weddings a true walk down memory lane for us.
I was reminded of a piece I wrote last year about the Life Cycle of a White Gown.
It started when I brought our precious bundle home for the first time. I placed her in that white eyelet bassinet, her first photos were in a white gown. When Dedicating her to the Lord, a white gown with matching bonnet was her outfit at a Sunday morning service in Kentucky. For her first birthday a white battenburge lace dress, looking like a porcelain doll, portrait. It still hangs in the hall. When she gave her heart to Jesus and was baptized with her brother, she wore a white choir robe. Someday, she'll wear another white gown, on her wedding day, and possible that night also. Perhaps as she carries her child also she will wear a white gown and take the "Madonna w/Child" photo like I did while expected my second born. The bible said that when we get to heaven we will all be given white robes(It will be a gown to me)...And I think, life's most important events are most appropriately attended in a white gown...

No comments: