Tuesday, July 11, 2006

ICRS

I am here in Denver at the International Christian Retailers show. It has been a very busy and a bit discouraging time. I took a class yesterday for Prospective Christian retailers. I got a very negative view of the market and I was so discouraged by lunch that I had to leave and walk around. I remembered that I had signed up for the "New artist Luncheon" and I went down to it. Being late and by myself I found a half empty table on the back stage side of the area(not a real good view) but 2 minutes after I sat down, Phil Joel, from the News Boys, sat down right next to me and we had a lovely lunch chatting about our latest projects, kids and travel. We really hit it off. I know because later at a signing party he remembered me and wished me luck on my book. Isn't God good? I needed the encouragement and pick me up both times and I made it through the class. I'll blog later on the book process too. I cant wait til the Captivating conference on Thur. Blessings, deb

1 comment:

Mel said...

That is so cool about meeting Phil Joel and especially about how God used him to encourage you. Hope the rest of the conference went well. Love, Mel